Pinafore Summer Dress

I made this cute little pinafore summer dress the other day and now I am wondering why I haven’t made one of these dresses before? They are quicker and easier to make then a peasant dress. This is a great little starter dress or the perfect dress to make when you need a quick gift.

I made this one in about 30 minutes along with some matching bloomers.

I added two button holes on each strap to allow for more growth.
I used a pattern to make mine, but if you are looking for a free tutorial Smashed Peas and Carrots has a great one here.

Comments

1. ooooo! i love that fabric! so cute

2. Kara @ Nest Candy says:

Love the colors of the material you used. I tagged you in an 11 Random Things post! I hope you'll check it out.
    It's kind of fun.

3. Melissa @ Sew BitterSweet Designs says:

I want to make one of these, but I am still freaked out by the prospect of making clothes! Yours is ADORABLE!

4. christinaD says:

just perfect and the model is so sweet!!

5. Amy Fredrikson says:

Very very cute!

6. mustangkayla says:

How darn cute!

7. Stopping by from the Saturday Seven Party! http://queenofsavings.com

8. Do you mind sharing where you got your pattern from? I had actually seen smashed carrots already but my DD is too big for that one and my clothes making skills aren't developed enough to alter a pattern yet.. Thanks!

• I would like to the know the same thing. I went to smashed carrots as well but the pattern is too small. My lil girl is 3 but I would need it to be 4. I have made this before but how can i get it to be bigger for her. Can you share your pattern or how you figured how to make the pattern fit a bigger girl.

9. Adorable dress! Love the fabric!

Maysem @ odetoinspiration.wordpress.com

10. Gorgeous fabric!! I love those dresses. I need to make some this summer. Thanks for the inspiration!!

11. Love the dress…what pattern did you use? I tried searching for one, but couldn't find one that criss-crossed and used buttons. Thanks!
    goldenbear80@yahoo.com

12. mustangkayla says:

Congrats on your adorable dress being featured at Tatertots & Jello!

13. I just made one of these last weekend for my niece who is due at the end of March! Well, I haven't done the button holes because they make me nervous. Maybe you could help? We must get together!!!

Erin

erin, i would love to show you how to make a button hole. they are intimidating at first but once you make one you, your hooked!

check out this link from a bloggy friend of mine, she is great and explains is so well!

15. Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper says:

I love this project. I hope you will stop by and link up to my St. Patty's Day Project Parade.

16. sweeter than cupcakes says:

Love this in that Sis Boom fabric!

17. We’re a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable information to work on. You have done an impressive job and our entire community will be grateful to you.

18. I have been browsing online greater than 3 hours nowadays, yet I never found any fascinating article like yours. It is lovely value sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you probably did, the internet shall be much more useful than ever before. “Where facts are few, experts are many.” by Donald R. Gannon.

19. 3eg5Qz Thanks for the blog article.Thanks Again. Fantastic.

20. Would love to know which pattern you used. I cant seem to find one I like as much as this one

21. I have made these before. I made them reversable. Was sooo easy and you two dresses in one. By making them reversable I didnt have to do a roll hem. Just sew right sids together -leaving space to turn them right side out.

22. Please would you be able to give me details of the pattern that you used for the crossover pinafore summer dress. Would loooooove to make one for my granddaughter but she’s a rather big 2 and a half year old, so the pattern given won’t work.

Many thanks if you can help.

Shaleen, from a sunny South Africa

23. I love the dress! Do you mind sharing what pattern you used? Thanks

24. Genuinely when someone doesn’t know after that its up to other users that they will help, so here it takes place.

1. KCW {Day 1} says:

[...] dresses that were supposed to be worn for Easter. I used the same pattern last year to make this dress and have wanted to make another one ever since. The pattern is from Sew Baby. The dresses are a [...]