Home renovation updates

So apparently some of you are curious as to what things are looking like around here. So the living room is pretty much done except for installing the sliding barn doors onto the kids playroom and the doorway to the cold cellar. As you can see the hardwood floors are covered in cardboard for protection from little boys with hammers and to keep from tracking in too much snow and sawdust onto them. I am so tempted to pull that stuff up and see what it looks like. Nonetheless I wait…impatiently. One of the many chairs sitting waiting to be reupholstered. I never liked the style of wing back chair but for $5 I couldn’t pass it up. Plus these chairs are dang comfy! My hubby has already claimed this one to be his along with this spot, but the designer may have other ideas for this area already. Shh, we’ll keep that one between us until he finishes the house.
The playroom is finished and as you can see I couldn’t resist laying that rug down. I’m still searching for the best way to design this room that will fit our storage needs without looking too crowded. There are a lot of great inspirations out there I just need the time to sit down and organize them all.
The kiddo’s room is finished and is just waiting to be filled.
The bathroom is still needing a second coat of paint along with all of the joints and nail holes need caulking, but by tomorrow it should be finished. I just need one more late night up there. Hopefully this time I wont spill my glass of wine all over the floor while painting. And that is why we still have cardboard protecting the floors. The tub and sink have been sandblasted and painted…orange. They will be installed this weekend and hopefully by the end of the weekend this room will be completely finished.
Our last big project will be to install all of the stair treads and risers. Then trim out the stairway, caulk, paint, and do minor touch ups.
It’s becoming more real now that we can actually see into the other side of the house. I cannot wait to take down that gate and let the kiddos run free and I cannot wait to decorate…the fun part is coming soon!

Comments

1. Looks amazing. I love the color scheme!
    (Lauralou- I don't have a blog, so anonymous is my only option)

2. Ha love the spilled wine thing! My mom decided to texture the ceiling while drinking 6-pack. It starts out ok then you can see where she was inebriated, and she didn't finish, so half of their living room ceiling has a texture finish and the other half none. I hope you weren't that silly while painting. Love the colors, I'm not that bold with paint just accessories. Great job can't wait to get started on our own house

3. Melissa @ Sew BitterSweet Designs says:

Everything looks stunning! I wish I had half your home dec sense and could do all that to my house – as it is I can't even pic out wall color!

haha! unforutnately i only had one sip. great story though:)

5. mustangkayla says:

Yay yay yay! It is all looking fabulous! I cannot wait to see how you decorate too! lol…about the wine! That is a move I would make! ;-)

6. Absolutely love your colours! Yours would be a home after my heart :) Unfortunately hubby is not much of a bright colour person so I'm restricted to neutrals – except in my craft room – which is a lovely bright apple green :)

7. AHHHHHH!!! It looks gorgeous!!! I can NOT wait to see once you've put it together!! And the chair looks awesome! I've never been a fan of wing backs either, but you rocked it out!! LOVE!
    xoxo

8. I love the paint in the bathroom! Can you shared the dets? We're in the middle of a major reno too.

Christina – your house looks absolutely smashing..I love the colour , but am too chicken to do it here ! I cannot wait to see the orange fixtures in the bathroom ..LOL re the wine – been there myself.
    You guys must be getting so excited to move in.

Lynn G.

10. Kara @ Nest Candy says:

How could you ever be gloomy in a house so fantastically colorful? I am loving all the bright, cheerfulness going on! And I cannot wait to see that orange tub!

11. wow, it looks gorgeous!
    thanks for keeping us updated, I loved to see the pics!
    it's so nice to see, that there is real big progress! =))

greetings from Germany!
    sjoe

12. Wow! So wonderfully colorful! Love,love, love it! That apple green is fantastic!

13. Conny's Cottage says:

Wat a lovely home.
    Very sweet.

Greatings send you Conny

14. MommaMoulton says:

Christina! YAY! This is so exciting! I have to comment every now and then so I don't feel like a blogging stalker! :)

15. I love all the bright colors you're using! So cheerful!

16. Heidi @ Mom's Crafty Space says:

LOVE! Your colors are absolutely amazing – you'll have to send me a list of the ones you used sometime when you get a spare minute…because I totally want to copy a few of those lol! :)

You guys have made SO much progress this year. It looks fantastic!

17. Courtney Lee says:

Super cute!! Love all the bright colors!!!!! Super super cute!!!!

18. Where on Earth did you find that rug in the play room? It's ADORABLE.

i purchased the rug at marshalls many months ago. i saw it and loved it immediately!!

20. Everything looks beautiful! I love your bright color scheme! I know exactly how you feel. We just completed a kitchen remodel and are *almost* done with our family room. Only like 10 more rooms to go. :o)

21. this s pretty damn good…

22. Simple Simon & Co says:

WoW! Your house looks so great. I love your color choices—they are all so bright and happy.
    liZ

23. Kim @ NewlyWoodwards says:

Wow! Everything looks so great. I love the base and window trimwork, especially, and all those bright colors are too cool! Thanks for stopping by NewlyWoodwards. I'm so excited to see your renovation, too.

24. Suburbsmama says:

I absolutely love all of the colors you are using. No boring colors here :)

25. WOW, I'm in love with your bold, rich colour scheme!

26. What fun colors!!

27. WOW, WOW, WOW you are way more patient than I ever could be!! We had a house built 7 years ago and I was antsy waiting 4 months!! Your patience has paid off, your house is/will be gorgeous and you and your hubby can be as proud as peacocks showing it off!! I love your color choices too thus the peacock reference ;) becoming a follower of your blog, enjoy reading your stories

28. anti-allergenic mattress protector says:

Beautiful pictures and excellent work done. Color selection is great and this is the main thing. Your color combination is very important to renovate your home correctly.

29. I’m really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a nice blog like this one these days..

30. I think you have remarked some very interesting points , appreciate it for the post.

31. An attention-grabbing discussion is worth comment. I believe that it is best to write more on this subject, it may not be a taboo topic but typically persons are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers

32. Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the web the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks