How to make your own cupcake liners.

The kiddo’s wanted to make Daddy some cupcakes for Father’s Day. So we mixed our batter and were ready to put them into the liners when I realized I had no cupcake liners. EEK! Not able to get to the store I racked my brain on what I could use instead. Of course baking a cake instead never crossed my mind. The kiddo’s wanted to make cupcakes and I was going to find a way to make those cupcakes. Because afterall cupcakes and cake taste so differently…am I right?! Looking through my drawers I came up with the idea of using parchment paper. And much to my surprise it worked great! Actually I love the idea of it. It takes a bit longer to do it this way, but once in awhile it will be fun to do for the kiddo’s.

Wanna make your own liners? Here’s how:
You will need parchment paper, regular and fancy scissors, a glass and your cupcake pans.
Rip off a 7″ piece of parchment paper.
Cut it in half.
Then center the piece of paper evenly over one of the holes in the pan.
Take your glass and push down the parchment paper. Make sure the paper is even on all sides, or as close as possible.
Now take your fingers and press the folds flat against the sides of the pan.
Take the glass out and flatten the parchment paper some more against the sides of the pan.
Now take some fancy scissors and trim the sides, or cut into shapes if you want. The kiddo’s wanted to make flowers for Daddy, so I attempted to make some flowers.
Use a large scoop to scoop the batter into the liners. Make sure you don’t get any batter on the sides…it’s just not pretty.
Make sure you give the kiddo’s their own pan to fill up. I’m a bit OCD and could never let the kiddo’s get my cupcake liners all messy on the sides. Yup, that’s how I am…sorry!

Bake your cupcakes per instructions. Ours baked a little longer then usual because we used jumbo muffin pans. We like BIG cupcakes.
We attempted to make sunflowers and some purple flowers.
But as you can see, I’m not the best at decorating cupcakes as flowers, that’s alright the kiddo’s loved them just the same.
The best part is that they can eat right from the cupcake liner. Easy clean-up and fun for the kiddo’s.
While the kiddo’s like their cupcakes decorated like flowers, I’m all about peanut butter frosting with some mini Reese’s and a peanut butter topping.

Happy Baking!

Comments

1. excelente post

2. mustangkayla says:

What a great idea!

3. CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [26 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

4. That Reeces cupcake is calling my name! Will you please bring me one ASAP? I think the parchment paper cups make these look like they are from a fancy bakery.

5. CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [27 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

What a great idea, Look the look of the peanut butter one. What was the peanut butter topping? Thanks, love your blog, Diane

7. liZ evans says:

I do this all the time—make cupcakes or muffins only to discover we are out of liners…so i loVE this idea, plus the ones you made yourself are way cuter than store bought ones.
    THanks for sharing. I'll remember you next time I reach for liners and only find the empty container.
    liZ
    (simplesimonandco)

8. I luv the idea of making our own decorative liners.

Do not forget to add our linking it this party here http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/beautiful-furniture-redo-pop-up-cards.html
    Maggie

9. elizabeth says:

Awesome! What a good idea…and btw, love your clothespin bag!

10. While She Was Sleeping says:

Great job on the liners with parchment… parchment is a baker's dream come true. Love the stuff as you know! I wrote an entire post about it once on Beat Until Fluffy but have yet to use it for liners. And yeah, I'd have to trim them all myself as well. Totally laughed at that. =)

Dawn

11. The Mama says:

Great idea!

12. ExPartyGirl77 says:

BEAUTIFUL!

13. Hello. magnificent job. I did not anticipate this. This is a splendid story. Thanks!

14. You really make it seem really easy together with your presentation but I find this matter to be really one thing which I feel I might by no means understand. It sort of feels too complicated and extremely broad for me. I am taking a look forward on your next submit, I’ll try to get the cling of it!

15. After having gained a son on account of a insane scene involving a curious golden marmoset your ramblings has made me to rethink the meaning of it all, thanks

16. Great items from you, man. I’ve consider your stuff prior to and you’re simply too fantastic. I actually like what you’ve bought right here, certainly like what you’re stating and the best way wherein you assert it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait to learn much more from you. This is actually a great web site.

17. Thank you for your help! Love the flower one!

18. We are living in Siberia Russia one year, It is possible to find cup cake liners, but, not easy and they are expensive for just a few. I loved this idea. I found that it is much easier to cut them out if you stack the squares and then cut them out 12 at a time. I used a bowl to trace a circle and then made the flower cup cake liners. Thank you for being so creative.

19. Thx that helped alot how smart

20. hello!,I really like your writing very so much! proportion we keep up a correspondence more approximately your
    article on AOL? I need an expert in this space to solve my
    problem. May be that’s you! Taking a look ahead to see you.

21. You can definitely see your expertise in the article you write.
    The sector hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who
    aren’t afraid to say how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

22. The other day, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a 40 foot drop,
    just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

23. …and if you wet the paper it is much easier to fit it into the molds!

Greetings from Germany

Daniela

24. WOW! Wonderful and well deserved.

25. Lisette Martell says:

Hi Cristina! I loved the idea of the baking cups. Can you tell me if the parchment paper is like the wax paper? I was wondering if I can use it instead of the the parchment paper. THANKS!

26. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! I live out of town and I am in need of making cupcakes. I didnt want to load both my kids up in the car drive into town just for cupcake liners. I cant thank you enough

27. Awesome! Its genuinely remarkable paragraph, I have got much clear idea
    on the topic of from this paragraph.

28. Hi there! Ԝоuld you mind iff I share your boog with mʏ facebook group?
    There’s a lot of folks that Ӏ tyink would really enjoy your cօntent.
    Please let me knoԝ. Thanks

29. I am regular visitor, how are you everybody?

This post posted at this site is in fact nice.

30. If you are going for finest contents like myself, simply visit this site
    daily since it provides quality contents, thanks

1. [...] um comentário aqui no blog com o mesmo problema. Neste último caso, indiquei um site que mostra como fazer suas próprias forminhas com papel manteiga (mostro outros exemplos por aqui outro dia).Hoje vamos dar uma olhada neste ideia bacana do Jen [...]

2. [...] Dica vinda do 2 little hooligans 7 dicas da Candance Nelson para o sucesso da Sprinkles CupcakesEmbalagens para transporte de cupcakesRedoma para cupcake [...]