Marshmallow catapult

I was searching the other day for kids crafts using Popsicle sticks and found this one. I just love to do kids crafts when I have everything on hand and they are quick and easy to do. This is definitely one of those. All you need is a Popsicle stick, a close pin, bottle cap and a few pieces of wood. Hot glue together like so and then grab some marshmallows.

We started by using these ginormous marshmallows but I quickly realized that yes, they may be cute, but the smaller ones travel much further and entertain them so much longer.

We certainly will be catapulting all of our marshmallows from now on. This gives snack time a whole new meaning!

**UPDATE: We had some minor issues with the bottle cap staying glued on, so we kept it off and realized that those marshmallows REALLY flew then!**

Comments

1. Jaime @ Our Journey says:

Love this! I've been looking for an easy catapult craft to do with my 3-year old … this is it! Thanks for sharing.

2. Rhiannon says:

how cute and look at those marshmallows what kind are they ive never seen them

3. Fun project, but um, I'm kinda busy drooling over the fabric you used as a background!

Oh My God, you are too funny! I love the marshmallow catapult. What will you think of next, girl!

Lily

5. Jessica at Me Sew Crazy says:

Oh my – this is AWESOME!!! My kids would love this like you have no idea! LOVE!!! Thanks for sharing!

6. mustangkayla says:

How fun is that! What a great idea! My kiddos would love it!

7. CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [23 Mar 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

8. Madigan at madiganmade says:

I have nephews that would love this! Too cute.

9. Looks a great "kitable" idea to put in my grown up kid's Easter Baskets :)

10. LocalFunForKids says:

I love this! My sons would have way too much fun making things fly across my house! You should come link up at http://www.localfunforkids.com

11. This such a great idea, thanks for sharing:)

12. Very nice, what a fun craft, thanks for sharing:)

13. Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper says:

Oh my gosh that is so fun! I have an 8 year old boy that would go crazy over this. Actually, what am I saying, my husband would go crazy over this! Might have to make one for the Easter Basket. Cute, cute, cute!

14. mollie's mom says:

I love the catapult. But I really want to know where those awesome ginormous, cool colored marshmallows came from… oh, the possibilities.
    marcie@madebymolliesmom.blogspot

15. Nicole @ The Wonderful World of Wohler says:

This is really cute, my dog loves marshmallows I'm sure he woudl get a kick out this. Visiting from Tip Junkie.

16. Rachel at Sun Scholars says:

Now that is really cool. Sure the kids loved that! You could catapult peeps for Easter.. ha ha. So cute!

Thanks so much for linking up with For the Kids Fridays at Sun Scholars. I can't wait to see what you have to share this week! I'll be posting the next party later tonight. Hope to have you stop by!

:)rachel @ SunScholars.blogspot.com

17. Rachel at Sun Scholars says:

I've decided to feature this in this week's For the Kids Friday party. :) Make sure to stop by and grab an A++ button for your blog!

18. I am totally doing this!! My kids would LOVE it.

Laura@ComeTogetherKids

19. Um. Your marshmallows are blue! HOW COOL?!? Josh and I will have to try this! Maybe this weekend!

20. Adorable!! It's our spring break, so I think a marshmallow war would be perfect! Filed this at thecraftersfilebox.com. Thanks for sharing!

21. That is so wonderful! I would LOVE for you to come link this up in my new linky called Homescholing on the Cheap! It isn't just for people who homeschool but for ideas such as this that is cheap for kids to do and something with which they can learn & grow. This is perfect for the linky.

It is new every Thursday but the link stays up all week. Hope you stop in and share!

THanks, Kelli

22. You are a very intelligent individual!

23. Somebody essentially help to make seriously posts I would state. This is the very first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to make this particular publish amazing. Wonderful job!

24. My daughter once won a prize in the engineering competition for designing a marshmallow catapault. This brought back memories and is great fun for young kids. Especially the eating. I could also use it for a fun party game.

25. Right here iss the perfect websit for anybody who hopes to find out about this topic.

You realize so much its almost hard to argue
    with you (not that I personally would want to…HaHa). You certainly
    put a bdand new spin on a topic which has been discussed ffor a long time.

Wonderful stuff, just excellent!