fat quarter friday {baby doll accessories: part 1}

Baby Doll Accessories Tutorial
(Part 1: diapers, wipes and wipes case)

Materials Needed:

*Scrap pieces of fleece, felt or any other non-fraying material

*Cotton fabric scraps or a fat quarter if you want them to all match

*Minky fabric or flannel scraps

*1/2″ sew on velcro

Make your templet shaped like above. To find the right size for your doll, lay the doll down and wrap it with a piece of paper as if you were going to diaper it with the piece of paper. Just fold and work with the piece of paper to get it to the right size. These diapers are made to fit my little girls favorite lovely…bear. But I also made sure they would fit her favorite dolls. So just play with the size a bit. My templet is 8 1/2″ long and about 5 1/2″ on the width and about 1 1/2″ longer on the the tab side. And as you can see, I folded my paper both ways before cutting so that they were even on all sides and just trimmed the tabs off on the front of the diaper. Now you have your perfectly shaped templet.

Trace the templet onto the wrong side of the cotton fabric. If you want to add a little heart or label onto your diaper, add it now. Now take your piece of minky fabric and cotton fabric and place right sides together. Pin in place. Now sew directly onto your templet outline. Make sure you leave a 1 1/2″ space for turning right side out on the back of your diaper.

Trim off excess fabric and pull right sides out through the opening. Push all corners out and carefully push out the sides of the diaper so they lie flat. Iron.

Top stitch all around diaper.

The finished inside of diaper. Gather some 1/2″ sew on velcro and cut about a 1″ length.

Sew the hook part of the velcro onto the “diaper tabs.”

And attach the loop part of the velcro to the front of the diaper like so.

And that’s it. A new diaper for your little ones doll.

With a sweet little heart.
And because I couldn’t just stop there, I had to make up some wipes. I just cut my scrap pieces of fleece into 5 1/2″ by 4 1/2″ pieces. And that’s it. super easy right?
And since this momma couldn’t stop there I made a little case for the wipes.

Cut three pieces of fleece to the following sizes:

*3″ x 5″ (flap on top)
* little hearts if you want to embellish the flap
* cut two pieces at 6″ x 6 1/2″
Take one of the larger pieces of fleece and cut a small oval shape out of it. This is hole that the wipes will be pulled through.

Take the smaller piece of fleece and add some hearts to the flap if you want. Then cover up the oval opening with your flap and sew in place. Just make sure you leave enough room on the bottom of the flap to attach to velcro.

This is where my velcro ended up.

Now take the other piece of fleece and place it right sides facing with the top of the “wipes container.”

Sew completely around the “container.” Now pull right side out through the oval opening.

And there you have it! How easy was that?! And how adorably cute?!

Oh I already know this is going to make a little missy girl some happy, while keeping this momma very busy. I have a feeling I will be spending hours a day helping her put the wipes back into the container…over and over again!

Happy Valentine’s Day to my little missy girl!
**Please feel free to use this tutorial for your personal sewing projects. You may link this to your blog and use any photo’s. Please be kind and give credit where credit is due.**
Any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me. If you make one using this tutorial, please add it to my flickr group. I would love to see it and you just might see it featured on my blog one day!

Comments

1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [12 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

2. These are absolutely adorable! I think I will make several for my daughter for her birthday gift. Thanks!

3. Laurel {Make and Takes} says:

I am dying over these!! Adorable. I'd love for you to submit this to the M&T Spotlight at http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

4. That is so stinkin' cute! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial … my girls would love some diapers and wipes for their dollies.

Visiting from Tatertots and Jello.

5. so cuuute! i wanna make this for my little girl!

6. These are so adorable! I love these. I think my 8-yr-old would be too cool for these until she was all by herself with her dolls. Then they would be a hit. And I have the minky, so I can start so soon! Thanks for the great tute!

7. These are amazing and so so cute well done and thanks for sharing tina http://scratchycatcrafter.blogspot.com

8. These are beyond adorable! I know a couple of little girls that would these too! Thanks!

9. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [12 Feb 10:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

10. Cutest thing ever!! Love them… I might have to try these for my daughter! Thanks!

11. mustangkayla says:

You couldn't have had better timing ! I've been wanting to make some of these for my daughter! Thank you so much!

12. Bless by Tone says:

so happy I found this link – my girls are going to a birthday party to a friend, turning 5, today and I wanted to make her something – will be posting on blessbytone@blogspot.com

13. Rachel Harwood says:

Those are adorable! I've got to add this one to my list for my girls. So cute! Thanks for sharing!

14. This has the most FUN factor of any link up I've seen today. Very well done! My husband and I just did a major renovation on my daughters playhouse. I can only imagine his face when I tell him I want to start making doll accessories too. Lol

15. shopannies says:

these are adorable I would love to make some for my grand daughter and her dollie

16. I have been looking into an easy way to make accessories like this for my two girls and their dolls. And now that I have so much fleece and felt leftover from other projects I will try to make these.
    Thank you for sharing.

17. Alicia @ littlesprinklesoffun says:

Love these! I can;t wait to make some of these! My daughter would love them! Too cute!! :)

18. Baby Names says:

I love your accessories,Thanks for sharing your blog.

19. LOVE this! I featured you on my new blog! http://www.fabricaholicanonymous.blogspot.com
    Check it out! :)

20. So great! I love you and this idea! I posted on my blog about you!! http://divinityonassis.com/ Hope you getting feeling better soon!

Stephanie

21. Danielle Daws says:

Love this! Here's my (very simple) version – http://danielledaws.blogspot.com/2011/06/something-little-different.html

22. I LOVE these diapers!!! And the wipe case takes the cake! I made a set for my daughter's birthday! Here's how mine turned out!

Have a great week!
    Amy

23. I saw these last night and made two different sizes today. I plan on making a bunch for friends little girls for Christmas. Thank you. Too much fun!

24. These are too stinkin' adorable! Definitely going on my list of things to make for my daughter for Christmas this year. Love, love, love them. Thanks for sharing!

25. Pati @ A Crafty Escape says:

These are so cute… makes me wish my daughter still played with dolls.

26. Love,Love,Love!!! Whipping these up tonight to put in her stocking. Thank you so much!

27. Holy SMOKES! Wish I would have discovered your blog BEFORE christmas! Now I'm going to have to make these & try desperately to hold on to the until a June Birthday rolls around. I have a four-year-old that's going to LOVE these. Especially the wipes. She's gone through entire containers of them playing. oy!

28. These are adorable! I found you via pinterest, and am loving your blog. Nice work!

29. Lottie Essig says:

I'm loving Baby Doll Accessories Part 1 —– but where is Part 2 or Part 3 or Part 4???????, I hope there were more posts — my granddaughter loves her babydoll diapers and I was hoping to find more ideas for her babydolls… Thank you!

30. We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with valuable info to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.

31. I do accept as true with all of the ideas you have introduced to your post. They’re really convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too quick for newbies. May you please lengthen them a bit from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

32. Christina says:

GREAT tutorial! These look awesome! I will definitely be making some of these for my daughter. Right now shes using her brothers unused.now.to.small disposable diapers which are working just fine, but these are SO cute. Thanks!

33. Just wanted to say THANK YOU! For this adorable tutorial. I love the idea of a wipes holder. Just perfect.

34. Great tutorial! I see this is called “Part 1″ – does this mean there is a Part 2 (or 3 or 4!) out there also? I can’t seem to find it if so. Thanks for your help!

35. It’s awesome to pay a visit this web page and reading the views of all colleagues on the topic of this piece of writing, while I am also zealous of getting familiarity.

36. I will right away grasp your rss as I can not to find your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service.

Do you’ve any? Please permit me realize so that I may subscribe.
    Thanks.

1. [...] found this great idea … here … and decided it was time to try ‘em out. The kids have been asking for baby doll [...]

2. […] Want to sew some of your own? Check out the tutorial over at 2 Little Hooligans. […]